|Click here to view
Every male is obligated to perform his mandatory military service (military draft document).
(Without a time limit)
Height: 2 Archin, 3/28 Vershki
Nose & Mouth: Normal
Special details: None
resident of the village of Pruz'any, Shmuila Tshasner son of Issacov, a bourgeoisie Jew
presented himself to perform his mandatory military duty in 1882. According to the army
draft lottery that was held his number was 303 and he was conscripted in the Infantry
This document was issued by the Military Draft Office in the Pruz'any district.
Date of issue: 12th March 1883
Document number: 240
Signed by the commander of the Military Draft Office: eligible
|Official Stamp of the
Military Draft Office in Pruzany
Military Orders according to the law of " Mandatory Military Service"
1. Annually, after conscripting new recruits to the army , the district commanders of the
Military Draft Office ( Prisutstviya) hold a lottery among the draftees who are left and
transcribe these draftees into a reserve list according to the drawn lottery number.
People who cannot operate a weapon for extreme reasons are exempt from serving.
( paragraph 154)
2. Only in emergency situations (in time of war) are the "Reserve Soldiers" called up to
perform their military duty. (paragraph 5)
3. At the end of the war or even sooner if there is no longer a need for them are the
"Reserve Soldiers" dismissed from active duty. (paragraph 40)
4. The Reserve Soldier is transcribed in the reserve army list and together with his lottery
number he is given an open , unlimited, military draft document. (paragraph 160)
5. In the event that a person wants to get married or enter an official state service ( i.e.
State clerk ) the military draft document has to be shown.
| Pruzany Page |